Undergraduate Acting Degree Programme
The course is validated by De Montfort University and run by Drama Studio London. It is aimed at applicants who would like an honours degree upon graduating and would like to take a little longer to realise their full potential. Talent, passion and attitude are more important than experience.
Applicants must apply through UCAS. If you miss the UCAS deadline we may still have places available - please contact us to enquire.
- Entry Requirements
- Admissions Process
All applicants to our professional acting degree course must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or over when the course starts. There is no upper age limit.
- One of the following:
- 112 UCAS points (new 2017 tariff or 280 points from the old tariff) from at least 2 A-Levels (points can also be redeemed from AS-Levels, but only from subjects different to those at A-Level)
- BTEC National Level at grade DMM or above
- Pass QAA Accredited AHE course
- 5 GCSEs with GCSE English (Language or Literature) or recognised equivalent.
- In exceptional circumstances students can be considered for entry to the programme having a portfolio of achievement which overall reflects the standard entry criteria but sits outside of the nonstandard entry criteria as specified above. The academic admissions team (DSL and DMU collaboratively) will consider such student profiles on their merits, benchmarking student achievement against the standard entry criteria
- All students from a non-English speaking majority country will be required to provide a valid SELT (Secure English Language Test) at level CEFR (Common European Framework) B2 or above or at IELTS level 6.5 or above.
- International Students please click here for details on applying from outside the UK
At Drama Studio London we have a two stage audition process.
Auditions and recalls for the 3 Year BA (Hons) in Professional Acting are usually held on Saturdays and will take half a day each.
Where possible we will book you in for the first available audition slot, so please make sure you only apply when you are ready to audition. If you are going to be unavailable to audition between certain dates, please tell us on your application form.
At the end of the first round audition you will be notified whether you have been recalled and will be given some personal, verbal feedback. If your audition is in the morning we may be able to schedule your recall audition that afternoon, alternatively, you can return at a later date if you wish. At the end of the recall audition you will be given further feedback and your result will be emailed to you within 4 weeks.
If successful, you will be sent either a conditional or an unconditional offer. You may also be placed on our waiting list.
We look for talent, passion, a positive attitude, a certain level of technical ability and the ability to cope with the demands of the course in order to become employable, successful actors.
If you wish to advise us of any difficulties or disabilities which may affect your performance at audition, we will be happy to make any adjustments we can to make sure you are given every opportunity to demonstrate your skills. Please let us know.
The Waiting List
Getting the right balance on our student intake is a complex and lengthy business. When making offers we keep three things in mind; Talent, Passion and Flexible Approach. This applies to all year groups and to those being put on the waiting list. Everyone who comes to DSL will have all three. Alongside this we believe that achieving a diverse group of students is important for DSL, the profession and for our students themselves. This diversity is not just about visible difference, but also about invisible difference; idiosyncrasies of talents and needs. Whilst we are trying to get this balance we put some excellent students onto our waiting list. This is not because we think they are not as good as others or that we have doubts about them achieving professional standards, it is merely a holding position whilst we try to fit all the pieces together in the best possible way. We will notify you if a place becomes available or if all places are filled. You may be on the waiting list for many months as people can withdraw from the course very close to the start date. If you wish to be withdrawn from our waiting list please let us know.
"I wanted to thank you for the very enjoyable couple of days that I had auditioning for the school. I was expecting to be scared witless throughout the auditioning process and instead had a really fun experience. I also want to thank you for your detailed feedback. It is so much more encouraging to have something to work at than just being left without any idea of what I need to improve."Alison McGregor - 2014 Applicant