• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

International Students

At Drama Studio London we welcome applications from International Students whether you are from the European Union or further afield. Drama Studio London is registered with the UK Visas and Immigration with a TIER 4 SPONSOR STATUS.

If you come from the European Union you can study here under the European Union work and study laws, but for those of you applying from outside of the EU you are required to have an Adult Student's (General) Visa under Tier 4 regulations for one of our full-time courses. We can help you apply for one of these.

The visa requirements for non-EU students coming to study in the UK are subject to change. Please visit the UK Government Website for the most up-to-date information and guidance on the visa application procedure.

If English is not your first language you should have reached level IELTS 6.5/CEFR B2 or above for the degree course and MFA or IELTS 5/CEFR B1 or above for our diploma course. Your English must be strong enough for you to speak, read, write, listen and comprehend without the need for any class to slow down for you.

It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct visa for entry to the UK. 

More information about studying here as an international student can be found at http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/

We are registered as a higher education provider with HEFCE (Higher Education Funding Council for England).

Digital Auditions

You can submit digital audition clips to qualify for your first round audition, but please note that if successful you will be required to travel to be seen in person for your recall audition - this can either be at our school in London or at one of our international auditions centres. 

Please note, Non-EU students may need to apply for a Standard Visitor Visa to come to the UK for their recall audition. Find out more and apply here.


  • 3 minutes talking to the camera. Just be yourself and make sure the shot is of head and shoulders. Talk about yourself, your motivations, your likes and your acting experience etc.
  • 2 minutes some full body video shots with movement (dance or physical theatre). Can be set to music or words or silence. Needs to connect with a story or an emotion but need not be a dance unless you are comfortable with that. Needs to show some variation..
  • 2 minutes acting a modern speech
  • 2 minutes acting a classical speech


You can upload your audition clips to Vimeo, YouTube, DropBox, WeTransfer or similar and share with admissions@dramastudiolondon.co.uk

International Auditions

If you are applying from outside of the UK we encourage you to travel to London for an audition. We can book you both the first round and recall (if successful) on the same day to make it easier for you. Alternatively, you can submit digital audition clips for the first round audition and if successful come to London to be seen in person for the recall audition.

Non-EU students may need to apply for a Standard Visitor Visa to come to the UK. Find out more and apply here.

International Audition Centres

Each year we hold a limited number of auditions outside of the UK for those who cannot travel to London. You would need to submit digital audition clips, which would count for the first round audition and if successful at this stage, will be invited to attend a recall in person at your nearest international centre. Our schedule for 2016/2017 international auditions have all finished.


• Submit your application online.
• Applications for our BA (Hons) in Professional Acting must be made via UCAS. You will then be sent a link to register with Drama Studio London - you should mention in the 'any other information' field that you would like an international audition.
• Applications for our 1 Year Diploma Course and MFA should be made directly through our website. You should mention in the 'any other information' field that you would like an international audition.
• Email admissions@dramastudiolondon.co.uk after submitting your application with links to your digital audition clips which count for your first round audition. You must make sure that you follow the guidelines for digital audition clips and submit all relevant material.
• We will contact you when the audition clips have been considered and, if successful, we will book your recall audition at the international centre of your choice.
• After your recall audition, we will notify you of the outcome once the results have been released. This will be in accordance with the admissions process of whichever course you are applying for. Please check the guidelines on the relevant course page.

For more information email admissions@dramastudiolondon.co.uk

Visa Requirements

Students from countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) need a student visa in order to enter the country. Once you accept your place and supply us with your passport details we will raise a CAS number (confirmation of acceptance to study) which you will need to submit a VISA application to your local UK embassy.

Click here to read important information about the Home Office Immigration Health Surcharge

International students taking the 1 & 2 Year Diploma in Professional Acting must take the Trinity College London Diploma in Professional Acting alongside their course.

It is unlikely that non-EU students will be able to work in the UK. 

In most cases students will be required to apply for their VISA from their home country. You cannot apply for a VISA if you are already in the UK. There are only a few specific categories of VISA that are transferable from within the UK. You must contact UK Visas & Immigration or your local embassy to find out more.

Nationals from the following EEA countries do not require a student visa: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lituania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.

Students studying on a student visa who are nationals from non-majority English speaking countries must pass a SELT (Secure English Language Test) at CEFR (Common European Framework) B2 / IELTS 6.5 or above for the degree course or CEFR B1/IELTS 5 or above for the diploma courses. The only exemption to needing a SELT is if you have previously completed an academic qualification equivalent to a UK degree, taught in a majority English speaking country.  Any English Language tests taken from 6 April 2015 must be on the approved SELT list (see link below). You can take IELTS or Trinity tests for many reasons at different centres but only those IELTS and Trinity tests specified for immigration use and taken at an approved centre can be used as part of an application for immigration purposes.

You should take care when booking your test to ensure that the test that you book is the one approved for SELT:
• for IELTS, ensure that you choose ‘IELTS for UKVI’ rather than ‘IELTS’;
• for Trinity, ensure that you choose ‘Secure English Language Tests for UKVI’.

Nationals from the following countries do not require a SELT: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America.

Click here for SELT providers  

Top Tips

As part of your preparations for your studying in the UK this year, Border Force wants to make sure you have everything you need to get through the UK border as quickly and smoothly as possible.

When you arrive at passport control, you should expect Border Force officers to ask you simple questions about your studies or your stay in the UK.

Additionally when you arrive at the UK border control, please make sure you:

1. Have your passport ready and remove it from any cover.

2. Have completed a landing card (if a non-EEA National).

3. Have your university Certificate of Acceptance Studies (CAS) number. 

4. Keep any medical documentation, recent bank statement and details of where you are staying in your hand luggage, we may ask to see this information.

5. Do not give false or misleading information (including forged or counterfeit documents). Please have this documentation ready in your hand luggage (do not place these documents in the airplane luggage hold). 

There are restrictions on what you can bring into the UK:

6. This includes certain foods, plants, alcohol, tobacco, gifts and sums of money equivalent to 10,000 dollars or more.

7. Do not bring in endangered plants or animals, this includes ivory, skins, hides and shells and any products made from them.

8. Never bring in counterfeit goods, illegal drugs, offensive weapons or indecent or obscene material. Some items are restricted and will require a licence or permit.

More information on these restrictions can be found on the GOV.UK website.


  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30
  • 31
  • 32
  • 33
  • 34
  • 35
  • 36
  • 37
  • 38
  • 39
  • 40
  • 41
  • 42
  • 43
  • 44
  • 45
  • 46
  • 47