International Students

At Drama Studio London we welcome applications from all International Students. As a part of The University of West London, we are registered with the UK Visas and Immigration with a TIER 4 SPONSOR STATUS and will request your CAS so you can apply for your visa.

If English is not your first language you will be required to sit an SELT. You must have reached level IELTS 6.5/CEFR B2 or above for the BA and MFA courses or IELTS 5/CEFR B1 or above for our PG Dip/MA course.

It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct visa for entry to the UK.

More information about studying here as an international student can be found HERE 

We are registered as a higher education provider with HEFCE (Higher Education Funding Council for England).

Applications for international students

Applications for our BA (Hons) in Professional Acting must be made via UCAS. You will then be sent a link to register with Drama Studio London. Applications for our 1 Year PG Dip/MA Course and MFA should be made directly through our website.

You should mention in the ‘any other information’ field that you would like an international audition.


To ensure that all applicants have an equal opportunity to apply to DSL, no matter of their location or ability to travel, all first-round auditions are digital. If successful you will be invited to a recall audition which will take place on-site at DSL. If you are an international student and are unable to travel, we will arrange a recall audition online.

For details about the audition process please click HERE

Visa Requirements

Students from the European Economic Area (EEA):

I have presettled Status No need for a VISA
I have British citizenship
I do not have the above You will need a student visa

Student visas:

Once you accept your place and supply us with your passport details we will raise a CAS number (confirmation of acceptance to study) which you will need to submit a VISA application to your local UK embassy.

Click HERE to read important information about the Home Office Immigration Health Surcharge

In most cases students will be required to apply for their VISA from their home country. You cannot apply for a VISA if you are already in the UK. There are only a few specific categories of VISA that are transferable from within the UK. You must contact UK Visas & Immigration or your local embassy to find out more.

Students studying on a student visa who are nationals from non-majority English speaking countries must pass a SELT (Secure English Language Test) at CEFR (Common European Framework) B2 / IELTS 6.5 or above for the degree course or CEFR B1/IELTS 5 or above for the diploma courses. The only exemption to needing a SELT is if you have previously completed an academic qualification equivalent to a UK degree, taught in a majority English speaking country. Any English Language tests taken from 6 April 2015 must be on the approved SELT list (see link below). You can take for many reasons at different centres but only those IELTS specified for immigration use and taken at an approved centre can be used as part of an application for immigration purposes.

You should take care when booking your test to ensure that the test that you book is the one approved for SELT:

  • for IELTS, ensure that you choose ‘IELTS for UKVI’ rather than ‘IELTS’;
  • for Trinity, ensure that you choose ‘Secure English Language Tests for UKVI’.

You do not need to prove your knowledge of English if you’ve completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in one of the following countries, or are from one of the following countries:


Antigua and Barbuda


The Bahamas



St Vincent and the Grenadines





St Kitts and Nevis




New Zealand

St Lucia

Trinidad and Tobago


You also do not need to prove your knowledge of English if one of the following applies:

  • you’re a national of Canada
  • you’re applying to come to the UK for a study abroad programme as part of a university degree course in the USA
  • you proved your level of English in a previous visa application

Click here for SELT providers

Top Tips

As part of your preparations for your studying in the UK this year, Border Force wants to make sure you have everything you need to get through the UK border as quickly and smoothly as possible.

When you arrive at passport control, you should expect Border Force officers to ask you simple questions about your studies or your stay in the UK.

Additionally when you arrive at the UK border control, please make sure you:

  1. Have your passport ready and remove it from any cover.
  2. Have completed a landing card (if a non-EEA National).
  3. Have your university Certificate of Acceptance Studies (CAS) number.

Please make sure you visit GOV.UK before you travel.

For more information email